Thursday, July 29, 2010

Idle times...

Am into my second week of nothingness at the schools. Not going too bad actually, though I really need to figure out a way to exercise as I sit on my bum all day in the air conned しょくいんしつ and then go home to my room where I sit in the air con and check my bank account at 5 minute intervals to see if my tax return has been deposited. Should learn to be more patient as standard processing time is 2 weeks and that will be tomorrow night. Very happy if all goes well with the return as it will pay for my flight home in December and help shave off some of my credit card debt.

Kanji practice is coming along nicely. I've estimated I know around 150 kanji by sight and can confidently write around 40. Not too bad. Find it all therapeutic going through stroke order, kind of like meditation- instead of observing my breath I am keeping calm by counting my strokes. Ichi, ni, san, shi and so on.

Have many things to get done by next Friday when mum and dad arrive. Really looking forward to seeing them so can hug and laugh loudly and moan when the fancy takes me without being made to feel like some weaker species for offloading my emotions. Perhaps that is too much to say, but nonetheless looking forward to being with mum.

List making feels very productive so will pop these to-do things down here and check in later to see if I have scratched 'em all off my list:

1. Clean car (empty boot, remove shoes)
2. Cull clothes and bag up for garbage deposit
3. Clean bathroom (must buy cleaner first)
4. Vacuum all areas of my 'zone'
5. Nails (clean and polish)
6. Bleach
7. Organise paper work (phone and car papers)
8. Research international drivers licence (ask Chris/go to Akashi)
9. Re-schedule yoga class (call Miki-chan)
10. Wrap dad's Father's Day present
11. Download photos from けいたい on to computer

That's it for now, am sure some other to-do's will sneak their way in but that's all I need to do. Despite all this free time I really am getting things done. The only other thing I would like to do but have been shying away from is write another article. This one may be an annonymous piece though as a little sensitive. Not sure where to send it yet.

Forgot to mention 100 heaven last week. Found the cutest little red polker dot envelopes for when have miscellaneous messages/cash to hand out to someone. Love how Japanese women do their business in that manner. Also got myself a nice purple zip up folder to hold all me kanji worksheets in. Exciting I know!

This weekend might go to Midori and check out cameras for mum. Also might pop into JUNKUDO and get myself another John Grisham novel. The last one was such a tease- a great plot, awesome climax and then the most useless ending. Is called THE ASSOCIATE. Don't buy- email me and I'll be happy to offload to you:)

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment