Thursday, August 19, 2010

+ thinking day 2

Made the most of having absolutely nothing pressing to do today and fell in and out of sleep until 1pm! Blissful- no alarms, just good quality sleep which I very much needed.

Around 2pm made my way to the Japanese school in Himeji where I have signed on for a term. Bloody cheap really- only 3000yen plus text book. Hope the other folk in my class are nice. I was put into upper intermediate but asked to be moved to intermediate. Unlike the students I taught in Oz who always demanded to be "revelled up" regardless of their ability to pass the test, I would rather be the best in a low level, then the worst in a higher level. Anway, I have 1 month until the semester begins so lets see how it goes.

Stopped in at Mister D on the way home and had a lovely pineapple juice (though next time will ask for more juice and less ice!) and me favourite pon de kokuto. Three people plonked themselves down next to me and started whispering in English, which I couldn't quite make out and didn't really care for as was deep into a Woman's Weekly article (thanks mum) on Julia Guillard- erection this weekend! I voted in Osaka at the Australian Consulate on Tuesday. Anywho, guy at the next table, who I suspected was Korean, asked where I was from and then it was all on. Turns out they had lived on the Gold Coast for about a year. Was nice to chew the fat with some random young people and not dirty toothless men in Max Value.

Tis day 2 of my positive thinking and 7 things to be grateful for so here goes tonight's list:

1. Will start Japanese lessons in September
2. Love my yoga class on Tuesday nights with Miki
3. Am finally saving
4. Have ticket booked home for December
5. Have a lovely little Suzuki Wagon R to get around in
6. Did 2 "Views from the Street" for The Japan Times this month
7. Have an awesome bedroom in the Yuasa castle, my sanctuary

Am going to crack out the WII Fit tomorrow morning, paint toe nails, download photos, organise room, iron some clothes (find it very cathartic) and hopefully get a walk in tomorrow night.

Gosh, what a terribly exciting post!

Stay tuned...

1 comment: